focus on archive
Digital Signage as an enabler for the Smart Retail of the future
The retail sector will change dramatically in the months and years to come. Retailers who want to improve customer engagement by attracting customers to physical shops and improving safety conditions will have to implement new technological solutions.
The retail sector will change dramatically in the months and years to come. Retailers who want to improve customer engagement by attracting customers to physical shops and improving safety conditions will have to implement new technological solutions.The implementation of complex projects in the field of Digital Signage requires patience and above all ‘vision’. Retailers must understand that we are going through an era of transition, at the end of which those who have embarked on this path will not only be able to say that they have obtained a significant return on their investment, but will be heartened knowing that they have laid the foundations for the survival of their business in the medium term.
But let's have a look in detail at the 6 main advantages of digital innovation for shops:
- Visual appeal:Digital Signage is an incredibly powerful tool for communication, thanks to its unique ability to captivate the public and satisfy our innate fascination for dynamic visual content. To effectively communicate your commitment to health, safety and sanitation, Digital Signage is key to your post-COVID-19 content marketing strategy. In addition, Digital Signage generally has a sleek and professional look that positively impresses the audience, which can further enhance the overall perception of your brand.
- Ease of reading: Digital Signage makes content very easy to navigate, ensuring a high degree of readability for messages that need to be immediately seen and understood. This advantage is particularly important if the target audience is made up of older people, but it is also well suited to communication aimed at a young audience.
- Versatility and customisation: Digital Signage provides a considerable variety of models and layouts to choose from, allowing you to maximise the space available in multiple areas of shops and showrooms depending on the purposes to be achieved. For example, in a central area a short video can be displayed representing the company's or organisation's commitment to sanitation or simple messages such as ‘Please keep a distance of one and a half metres from other people’. In other areas of the exhibition space and on other screens, promotional content, weather feeds or access counts could be displayed, to name but a few examples.
- Ease of updating: One of the most important advantages of Digital Signage is its unique ability to be able to instantly update the content and software features of devices. Most solutions are characterised by enterprise content and management systems that allow users to manage the playlists displayed on their screens from a single platform. It is possible to publish in real time or plan in advance, ensuring that messages are always relevant and up-to-date. This is crucial in the case of emergency communications and when faced with the need to communicate quickly and constantly on a large scale.
- Cost and time efficiency: the ability to instantly update content via a digital medium means that message display is no longer tied to production schedules and logistics of printed materials. This also reduces costs and eliminates waste when communication is no longer relevant and needs to be renewed.
- Greater safety with digital catalogues and menus: for a safe, fast and informal service, digital catalogues and menus are a valid alternative to printed materials, limiting assemblies, queues and objects with which customers come into contact at the shop.